Thursday, September 9, 2010

Longest day of my life

So while driving to school eating a hot pocket in the car and sipping on my bottled orange juice, I hit the biggest damn pothole on the planet. Not only did I spill the orange juice all over my passenger seat but the designer of my car thought it would be a good idea to bolt aluminium directly to steel for a strut mount. Any idiot with a high school degree should know that YOU DONT BOLT THEM TOGETHER DIRECTLY, IT CAUSES MASSIVE CORROSION. Anyways, huge pothole, yeah, strut mount goes kaput. So I keep driving now with this wonderful clunk every time I hit a bump (which I'll replace tomorrow myself, thank you very much).

I get to the computer lab on campus early so I can print out a revised version of my essay and the stickler computer lab watch-woman demands I leave my unopened monster up at the desk. I tried to put it in my bag and well, she threw a fit so I just let her have it. As I finish printing out my papers and walk up to the counter for her to hand them to me she turns her gigantic ass in her chair and with one swift blow knocks my monster to the floor.

What a great morning  I had. Rest of the day was pretty much routine with professors feeling self important and throwing out random statistics and facts completely unrelated to the subject they're supposed to be teaching just to sound brilliant. The only other battle for the day was taking my friend to pay off a traffic ticket. Just so you know, the 6th floor of the Lansing city hall smells like unemployed body odor and piss, delightful right?

Another wonderful day in the life of a college student, maybe more later tonight.

18 comments:

  1. Shitty day. Can sympathize as a fellow college student.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Damn, know how that goes dude. Was driving to work earlier last month, and the tires on my car started shaking. Car died on the way there. Two belts ruptured in all four of the tires. At least the next day always looks better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. dude i know those days... but pessimism is cancer. gotta be positive :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't mean to sound like a pothead here, but go pack a bowl and smoke it.

    Makes terrible days a bit less terrible.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Nuc a Chrysler, surprise since they're known for making terribad stuff with the 2.7L engine poops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. front wheel bearing went out on my scion tc a few days ago... had to drive for a couple hours to get home/then to to the shop... there goes 400$ .. But that's life eh?

    ReplyDelete
  7. aww that sucks man i know how it goes tho tomorrow is a better day

    ReplyDelete
  8. Following and bump. GL fixing the car if you haven't finished yet, I couldn't change my oil if I tried.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Shit man just keep pushin' thru. I support ya

    ReplyDelete
  10. good luck man, shiiiiiit

    http://dailyiandn.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. Last year was my first year in college, and I had days like this, all. the. goddamn. time. With the new year starting, I'm sure it'll be better.

    It gets better, right? Oh god tell me it gets better.

    ReplyDelete